The goal is simple. We want to help everybody move more and sit less, to get up from your desk and recognize the value of being active.
The risks from sitting all day pose as much danger to your health as smoking or obesity. Doing something as simple as getting up and walking is a great start to a more active lifestyle.
Starting in October we will be having an office-wide fitness contest. Everybody that wants to participate will be divided into teams. Individuals can earn points for their team and at the end of the quarter, teams will win prizes. The quarters being October – December, January – March, April – June, July – September.
How are points earned?
• Attend a quarterly HealthEase workshop at Miller's – 5 points
• Your entire team attends a HealthEase workshop – 20 points
• Complete a 5k, charity walk, marathon, bike race, etc – 10 points
• Walk 50k steps in a week (Sunday – Sunday) – 5 points
(you can download free fitness apps that track steps to your smartphone)
• Attend a yoga class – 3 points
• Lift weights for 20 minutes – 2 points
• Do cardio for 20 minutes - 2 points
• Hit 75k steps in a week - 2 bonus points
• Hit 12k steps in 1 day – 2 bonus points
• Go to the gym 5 days in a week • 4 bonus points
All of these are in addition the regularly earned points
How are points tracked?
Send copies of your race bib, steps tracker, class receipt, etc to your team captain.
Prizes will be awarded
The team at the end of the quarter will win prizes. Prizes tbd.