There are more cars and trucks on the road than ever. If your car is out of warranty you should consider roadside assistance for your auto insurance policy.
It is reassuring when you know there is someone to call in the event of a breakdown or flat tire. Roadside assistance is different than warranty road service. Warranty road service allows a service representative come to you at the place of breakdown. They may also tow you to a dealership to fix a problem that has warranty coverage. However, warranties often expire.
With roadside assistance from an insurance carrier, you can often expand your access to repairs at the breakdown site or a tow to a service facility. However, they still may vary from warranty coverage. You may not be able to get warrantied service at a dealership.
The Basics of Roadside Assistance
No two insurance companies offer identical roadside assistance programs. However, most offer:
- Jump starts for battery failure
- Repairs to flat tires
- Emergency fuel and motor fluid refills
- Lost key and other locksmith problems
Car insurance companies strive to make their roadside assistance programs sought after policy add-ons. Some offer more robust coverage than just basics. Carriers may offer things such as lodging reimbursement if your car needs towing to a repair facility.
When you buy roadside assistance from your auto insurance carrier they usually roll the payment into your premium.
Benefits of Roadside Assistance
1. Peace of mind is priceless and a major benefit of roadside assistance. It is usable by any family who drives the car – so if your family has a new driver on the road, parents can breathe easier knowing that their son or daughter can call for help if stranded on the road. It is best to make them a named insured on your insurance policy to be sure they have coverage. There are more benefits that include:
2. Affordability: Roadside assistance often costs very little to add to your policy. Many roadside assistance programs are less expensive than clubs or associations like AAA. But, trip planning is often an available option when you add it to your car insurance, making it more advantageous than club membership and cheaper too.
Speak to your trusted insurance advisor and decide if roadside assistance insurance is for you.
Do you need insurance coverage? We can help. Call Miller's Insurance Agency, Inc. at (610) 269-4500 for a fast, free quote on West Chester auto insurance.